Meet the professionals that support Certification Station
Aloha my name is Thor Pedersen and I am a bit of a weird one.
• An IT trainer, my Best Selling CISSP, CISM and PMP courses have over 50,000 students worldwide and I try to spend an equal part making new course/content and paying it forward by helping others get ahead.
• A certified BBQ judge, which has become a very different experience after I started being a vegan in 2019, it is still possible to make great BBQ, but amazing tasting BBQ requires meat.
• A lifelong gamer, I purchased my first computer to play games on when I was 13 (a Commodore-64), I met my wife on a game 20 years ago, I owned an internet café for some years, I played serious esports and was on the top CS team in Denmark, and I just finished Doom Eternal and Ghost Sniper 3. These days I mostly play offline games since it works with my work schedule.
• A (somewhat) digital nomad, which I hope to change once things settle down.
- CISM, CDPSE
- CCNP R/S, CCNP Enterprise
- CCNA R/S, CCNA Security
- CCNA Enterprise
- KCBS Certified Barbeque Judge
Wentz Wu is the co-founder of Amicliens and has been working in the IT industry for more than 20 years. He is devoted to applying information technologies to solve business problems, delivering training and education courses, and giving back to the community.
In his professional career, Wentz is skilled at implementing IT infrastructure and cloud services, developing quality software, conducting a comprehensive business analysis, managing projects with agility, and advising and delivering practical business solutions.
With solid technical background and business savvy, Wentz comprehensively delivers the CISSP course based on the Amicliens InfoSec Conceptual Model, which effectively addresses the official ISC2 CISSP exam outline.
- SCRUM: PSM Level I/PSPO Level I/PSD Level I
- ISO 27001 LA/ISO 27552 LA Courses Completed
With over 35 years of experience as both an educator and IT professional, Adam holds numerous Professional IT Certifications and is the author of several books.
Adam currently works with ITPROTV as an Edutainer, producing engaging and fun learning content across a wide array of subject areas. When he is not in the studio, Adam is also busy enabling Fortune 500 customers to learn to leverage their portfolio of hardware, software, and services in order to maximize the success of their IT systems and processes.
Adam has been invited to lead projects for companies such as Microsoft, Citrix, Lloyds Bank TSB, Campus Management, US Southern Command (SOUTHCOM), Amadeus, World Fuel Services, Baptist Health South Florida, Petrotrin, The United Nations, Office Depot, Burger King, Miami Dade Aviation Department (MDAD), Florida Power and Light (FPL), Seaboard Marine, Digicel and (ISC)².
- Adam has so many certificates, that listing them would take an entire page
Rob is the co-founder of Destination Certification. He has traveled the globe guiding major corporations, and governments through complex security breaches, audits, and security implementation programs. He brings CISSP concepts to life through real-world experiences and simple and concise explanations.
Rob has over 15 years of intense security, privacy, and cyber assurance experience, including:
- Guiding multiple companies in responding to and recovering from (global headline level) security & privacy breaches
- Leading PCI readiness engagements, SOC2 audits, privacy assessments & security maturity reviews
- Managing the development of multi-year security strategies & enterprise-wide privacy operating models
- Acting CIO of a global mining company
Rob has delivered dozens of CISSP, CCSP, and ISACA classes globally over the last 5 years.
Rob is a dedicated and creative instructor who is deeply invested in the success of students. He brings an entertaining delivery style that is grounded in years of experience and a deep understanding of what is required for success on the CISSP exam.
Hello – my name is Andrew Calverley and for the past few decades I have been an:
– Owner and operator of a machine shop in the Canadian prairies
– Archaeologist working in reconstructing prehistoric technological landscapes using lithic analysis
– Frame carpenter building post and beam houses
– Certified Hypnotherapist
– Security professional running multiple audit/remediation teams for large scale security compliance operations
– Security Manager for a Scottish NHS division
– Security consultant for Government and Financial Groups
However, at this point in my life, I teach information security classes around the planet (trying to stay as close to my Scottish Home, my wife and whisky collection).
- ISC2 CISSP
- ISACA CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor and Lead Implementer
- ISO 22301 Lead Auditor and Lead Implementer